Water Reclamation Facility Operator
The Liberty Lake Sewer and Water District is seeking a Water Reclamation Facility Operator with limited or advanced experience. The position can be filled as an Operator I through Operator III and compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. The District operates a 2MGD Biological Nutrient Removal (BNR) wastewater treatment facility with tertiary treatment membrane ultrafiltration. The District is located 17 miles east of Spokane Washington and 3 miles from Idaho state line.
The District is governed by a 3 member Board of Commissioners. The District has 14 employees including the General Manager, administration, water reclamation facility, and operations staff.
The Water Reclamation Facility Operator functions as a multi-skilled professional responsible at all times to the General Manager and performs duties subject to the direction and supervision of the Water Reclamation Facility Chief Operator. The Water Reclamation Facility Operator performs and coordinates a variety of specific and non-specific jobs related to the operation, treatment process, monitoring and maintenance of the Districtâ€™s Water Reclamation Facility. Work in the position of Water Reclamation Facility Operator is allocated between the office, laboratory and the field.
The Water Reclamation Facility Operator is involved in following activities:
- Operates, monitors and maintains the treatment facility equipment to maintain compliance with State National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit.
- Performs laboratory duties; collects samples from various treatment locations; performs laboratory tests and analyzes results in accordance with standard procedures.
- Performs strict quality control (QA/QC) procedures including calibration of instruments, analyzing standards, keeping logs, and performing statistical analysis of data.
- Assists in the control of the biological process of activated sludge and takes necessary action to ensure proper process control for compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Performs preventive maintenance of equipment and machinery such as pumps, aeration equipment, biosolids dewatering equipment, clarifiers, headwork screens, grit removal equipment, etc., to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently.
- Assists in the evaluation of wastewater process trends.
- Operates a variety of tools and power equipment such as control systems, computers, pumps, motors, gear drives, electrical switch gears, gauges, automatic devises and chemical dispensing equipment.
- Provides rotating on-call for evenings, holidays, weekends and available for after hour emergencies.
Qualifications: Any combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Must hold or obtain a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certificate from the State of Washington. Experience in wastewater treatment, laboratory experience, and membrane filtration is preferred.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(a) and 457(b), HRA, Section 125 FSA, long term disability, and life insurance. District is not enrolled in Social Security. Paid vacation and sick leave accrues per policy. Benefits also include 10 paid holidays and up to 2 personal holidays per year.
LLSWD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Send resumes to BiJay Adams, General Manager, Liberty Lake Sewer and Water District, 22510 E. Mission Ave., Liberty Lake, WA 99019 or to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled. A full job description is available upon request. Please contact BiJay Adams, General Manager at (509) 922-9016 for additional information.