PLANNED Treatment Dates:
Wednesday, July 10 –Â Thursday, July 11, 2019
We are treating earlier in the year than typical due to a few factors:
There is a new invasive plant in Liberty Lake: Curly Leaf Pondweed (CLP), initially identified by LLSWD staff in August 2018.
In June 2019, a plant survey was done to further characterize the spread of CLP; we found it present along the entire shoreline! Luckily, CLP is not in dense stands…this means we may be able to get a hold of the population before it finds its niche on our soft, sandy lake bottom.
This plant needs to be addressed ASAP – before the plants begin producing seeds/turions.
We are using a contractor (Lakeland Restoration Services, LLC) to apply the herbicide this year, rather than LLSWD staff. This is due to the large acreage that is being targeted, as well as the special chemical mixture that is needed to target Curly Leaf Pondweed.
This years invasive plant treatment is scheduled for the following dates:
July 10 â€“ 11th, and/or July 17 â€“ 18, 2019.
- The treatment should take 1 day
- We will be working as early in the schedule/week as possible
- The range of days is to account for any type of weather delays, or adverse environmental conditions which may occur (wind, rain, thunderstorms, algae, etc.)
- A total of 39 acres of the lake shoreline (littoral zone) will have aquatic herbicide applied
Liberty Lake_Business and Residential Notice_2019 – Mailed to shoreline residents, 6/26/2019
Liberty Lake_Herbicide Treatment Notice Map_2019 â€“ Mailed to shoreline residents, 6/26/2019
Swim Restrictions â€“ Map showing 400 foot buffer zone – To be posted online in the coming days….. x/xx/201x
- This recommended 24-hour swim restriction begins when herbicide is placed in each treatment area. LLSWD tracks when this time begins/ends, so please feel free to contact our office to find out when the restriction will be lifted in a certain part of the lake.
Chemicals Planned For Use
Weedar 64_ProductLabel â€“ Manufacturerâ€™s product label
Hydrothol 191_ProductLabel â€“ Manufacturerâ€™s product label
Jeremy Jenkins, Lake Protection Manager
Liberty Lake Sewer and Water District, 509-922-5443
firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com
Lakeland Restoration Services, LLC (Applicator), 877-273-6674