PLANNED Treatment Dates:
Tuesday, August 18 – Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Liberty Lake Aquatic Invasive Control – 2020 Update Letter
– A brief rundown of what we are doing this summer to address our 2 invasive plant species found in Liberty Lake.
This years invasive plant treatment is scheduled for the following dates:
August 18 – 19th, and/or August 25 – 26, 2020.
- The treatment should take 1 day
- We will be working as early in the schedule/week as possible
- The range of days is to account for any type of weather delays, or adverse environmental conditions which may occur (wind, rain, thunderstorms, algae, etc.)
- A total of 28 acres of the lake shoreline (littoral zone) will have aquatic herbicide applied
Liberty Lake Business and Residential Notice 2020 – Mailed to shoreline residents, 8/3/2020
Liberty Lake Herbicide Treatment Notice Map 2020 – Mailed to shoreline residents, 8/3/2020
Swim Restrictions – Map showing 400 foot buffer zone – To be posted online in the coming days….. x/xx/201x
- This recommended 24-hour swim restriction begins when herbicide is placed in each treatment area. LLSWD tracks when this time begins/ends, so please feel free to contact our office to find out when the restriction will be lifted in a certain part of the lake.
CHEMICALS PLANNED FOR USE
Triclopyr – Manufacturer’s product label
Fluridone – Manufacturer’s product label
Hydrothol 191_ProductLabel – Manufacturer’s product label
Please contact Liberty Lake Sewer and Water District
Lakeland Restoration Services, LLC (Applicator), 877-273-6674
THIS HERBICIDE TREATMENT IS REGULATED UNDER A PERMIT ISSUED BY THE WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY, PERMIT NO.: WAG994095